Here, we are going to teach you how to introduce yourself to new people. Introducing yourself is an essential skill to learn. You will need these phrases everywhere you go: in school, at work, at parties, and so on.
Read the short story about “Henry and His Family” here if you want to learn more.
- Good morning/afternoon/evening!
- Hello/Hi, nice to meet you!
Telling Your Name
- My name is _____
- I am _____
- My friends all call me _____
Where do you come from?
- I am from _____ (country/city)
- I come from _____ (place)
- I am _____ (nationality)
- I live in _____ (city)
- I was born in _____ (place)
- I grew up in _____ (place)
- I was raised in _____ (place)
- I spent my childhood in _____ (place)
- I am _____ years old.
- I am _____ (age)
- I was born on _____ (date of birth)
- My hobbies are _____
- I like/love _____ (noun) (-> I love playing football.)
- I enjoy _____ (noun) (-> I enjoy reading books.)
- In my free time, I like/love _____ (noun)
- I’m really into _____ (something) (-> I’m really into classical music.)
- One thing you may not know about me is _____ (something)
- My favorite _____ (movie/singer/football team/etc.) is _____ (name)
Job / Work
- I am a _____ (job position) (-> I am an engineer.)
- I work as a _____ (job position) (-> I work as a nurse.)
- I work at the / for _____ (workplace) (-> I work at the hospital.)
- I work in _____ (industry) (-> I work in marketing.)
- I am self-employed.
- I run my own business.
- I work for myself.
- I am unemployed.
- I have no job at the moment.
- I am currently looking for a job.
- I went to school at / in _____ (name / place)
- I am a student at _____ (school / college / university)
- I am studying _____ (industry) (-> I’m studying graphic design.)
- My major is _____
- My favorite subject is _____
- I have a degree in _____ (industry) (-> I have a degree in architecture.)
- I am a qualified _____ (job title) (-> I am a qualified engineer.)
- I’m completing a Ph.D. in _____ (area of research) (-> I’m completing a Ph.D. in public health.)
- I’m in the final year of my _____ (area of study) degree. (-> I’m in the final year of my medical degree.)
- I’m nearing the end of my studies.
- I am single.
- I am in a relationship.
- We have been together since _____ (time period)
- I am married.
- We’ve been married since _____ (time period)
- I have no children.
- I have _____ (number) children.
- I am a single parent.
- My daughter/son is _____ years old.
- My daughter/son is _____ (age)
- I have no pets.
- I have a _____ (type of pet (dog, cat, etc.)
- There are _____ (number) people in my family.
- We are a family of _____ (number of people)
- I have _____ (number) siblings.
- I have no siblings.
- I am an only child.
- My parents come from _____ (place)
- My parents live in _____ (place)